Saint John's is part of the Diocese of Altoona - Johnstown Read more >
Originally a log cabin church built sometime before 1853 in Clearville was named St. John the Evangelist. In 1853 the cornerstone was laid for a new church. This church was sold in 1862.
In 1965, St. John The Evangelist Parish in Everett was established as a mission congregation. The original church was located in town on the corner of East First Street and Hopewell Street in downtown Everett.
St. John's became an independent parish in 1971 with Father Paul Robine as pastor. The rectory was purchased in 1972. Construction on a new rectory located on East First Avenue began in 1981, when ground was purchased. The new rectory/CCD Center was completed and blessed in 1983. In 1989, the new church was completed and dedicated. Renovations of the altar area and windows were made from 2003 through 2008.
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEMBERS
Chairman: Bob Spargo
Secretary: Hope Burkett
Other members: Dawn Bowman, Joe Caro, Julie Naglic, Margaret Novak
FINANCE COUNCIL MEMBERS
Chairman: Mark Rakoczy, OD
Bookkeeper: Margaret Grover
Secretary: Theresa Lankey
Other members: Stacy Snyder, Keith Cooper